How to make chicken meatballs in sauce
Chicken dumplings with tomato are one of those recipes that give me courage when I'm not in a good mood.
This is one of those dishes that really fill my belly when I feel like I've I've been eating a lot of rabbit food (yes, I know I'm exaggerated and I say nonsense, but nothing exceeds a good recipe for traditional homemade food, like this one) and those that remind me of my mother.
After my moment of reflection, let's cut to the chase with this recipe for chicken meatballs in sauce. As usual when I cook this dish, I'll start with the sauce, which as you may have guessed, is the part of the dish that includes the tomato.
Chicken meatball sauce ingredients
- 2 red, large, well-ripe tomatoes . You can also use 3 mediums.
- A white onion, medium.
- A tablespoon of oil (preferably a neutral flavor such as canola or sunflower, which does not change the taste of the sauce).
- Cup and a half of white wine.
- 2 tablespoons of corn flour.
- Half a cup of chicken broth.
- A red pepper, small.
- Black pepper powder.
- Garlic powder.
Preparation of meatball sauce of chicken
- Wash the tomatoes and the pepper. Open the fruits to remove the seeds, and the internal white parts, in case of the pepper. You can remove the skin according to your preference of texture for the sauce. If you remove it, you will have a more homogeneous sauce, but if you leave it you will have a higher fiber content in your recipe. I prefer to leave it.
- Take the tomatoes and the pepper to the blender. Add water, but only the amount needed to cover the vegetables. The idea is to facilitate the work of the machine. Blend to the maximum and reserve.
- Peel the onion and chop in small squares. Heat a pan and pour the tablespoon of oil. Add the chopped onion and cook over medium heat to avoid burning, stirring if necessary, until it becomes transparent. This technique is called pochado. It is important to pay close attention to the color of the onion. It is normal to brown at the same time it becomes a little translucent, but not brown and less black. That would change the flavor of the base of the sauce.
- Pour the tomato and pepper shake over the onions. Mix and let cook a brief moment, while doing the next step.
- Use half a cup of hot water to mix the cornmeal. Add the powder, stirring until it dissolves completely, and make sure there are no lumps left. Only once the pasta is homogeneous can you integrate it into the pan with the other ingredients.
- Pour the chicken broth and the wine. Remove to mix. Leave to cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Once the cooking time of the sauce has passed, add a touch of pepper, salt and garlic powder. Try and correct the seasoning, if you think you need to add more of these same ingredients.
- Remove to ensure the spices mix well. Turn off and reserve the covered sauce, to avoid dehydration.
Ingredients for chicken meatballs
- 600 grams of ground chicken.
- Cup and half of bread crumbs or 2 cups of bread crumb.
- One large egg.
- One cup of liquid milk.
- 2 cloves of garlic (large) crushed.
- 2 tablespoons thyme or fresh parsley, well chopped.
- Black pepper powder.
- Frying oil ( neutral taste, such as canola or sunflower).
- Wheat flour to coat.
Preparation of meatballs
- Mix bread crumbs or bread crumbs with milk.Add a pinch of cumin, black pepper powder, salt, parsley or fresh thyme, crushed garlic, egg and bread dipped in milk. Mix all the ingredients with your hands until you get a homogeneous and firm paste.
- Pour a considerable amount of oil in a pan, taking into account that you must reach to fry all your meatballs well.
- While the oil is heating, sprinkle some wheat flour on a plate.
- With the pasta you already mixed, form small balls. Pass each one on the flour, moving so that they are completely covered with a light layer of powder.
- Add each ball in the hot oil, over medium heat. As they brown, move so that they are evenly fried all over the surface.
- Prepare a plate or tray covered with absorbent paper. Place the meatballs after removing them from the oil, so that the paper absorbs the excess fat.
- Once the fat has gone to the paper, take the meatballs to the saucepan. Return to heat over medium heat, and cook for 15 minutes, without forgetting to cover the preparation. After that, serve and be happy.
If you fell in love with this recipe so much that you want to prepare the meat version, here I leave the link for Comedera.com:
- Meatballs in sauce
For a fresher version of the chicken meatballs, try the curried chicken meatballs.
And accompanying ? So I recommend a mashed potato or some of these spinach salad.
We also have many other chicken recipes that we invite you to meet.